CROP REPORT 23rd July 2022
Phewweee what a week!! July continues with 30c temperatures predicted for the coming week so keep all your hot weather tips handy. Look after the coolers ... keep those buckets clean...please pray for rain!?!
SCHOOLS OUT! it is officially The Summer School Holiday here! All very 'end of an era' with our last day as a Primary school parent - a bit emotional!
Every Week is British Flowers Week at EVOLVE!
NEW! British grown Asters - Red, Cerise, White and Light Pink - two growers for this crop and purple-blue varieties follow next week.
NEW! Carthamus - get ready to dry this lovely orange thistles for your Autumn decorations - we will be adding a box deal very soon.
Gladioli Orange, hot red and dark purple colours as well as yellow, lilac and green - some colours are limited as scorch damage from last week is reducing the volumes. There is also a pre-bunched box offer on as well as bundles.
Helios Flame Bicolour Sunflowers - who doesn't love a sunflower!
Lilies ... LA, Longi in Pink and White - Orientals also Pink or White and Rose lilies
There's plenty of Heavenly cards in stock so don't forget to browse the sundries section!
If you are looking for wedding flowers please let me know the week before so we can reserve your stock in advance.
- Hydrangea - growers choice or straight colours - better to book a week ahead at the moment to secure wedding volumes as still not oodles. White is coming through slowly and advisable to pre-order. Masja volume reduced this week. Blues and purples available :)
- NEW! The Huge White Agapanthus is back Agapanthus - Outdoor field grown mini Agapanthus joins the stonkers white and Blue from the glasshouses
- Sedum - great filler and still green - flowers not out as yet
- Crocosmia finished - next round will be seedheads
- Eryngium - Green Globe & White Falls & Purple Stars plenty
- Iris - Blue only this week, plenty.
- Alstro - Norfolk - good supply
- Foliages we have added Salal to import - next lot available from 28th July Delivery day.
Foliage is always a challenge this time of year!! Eucalyptus needs to be cut back April/May to ensure good growth ready for September.
COMING SOON from the fields and glasshouses...
Lisianthus week 33 onwards, similar time for Antirrhinums. Please don't ask me for Sweet Peas as grower simply didnt grow any this year :(
YOU WILL NOT FIND FRESHER or with less Flower miles travelled or lower carbon footprint :)