What a scorcher of a week! Roasting....a veritable tsunami of product coming at us now!
Please Plan! especially if you have wedding, event or workshop requests - do read the FAQs and send an email through your wish list; we often have a few 'treasures' that don't get listed as they are not in abundance which can be included for special orders. Please do order well in time not just in time to avoid any additional stress that the couriers may cause. We are working on solutions for the courier situation and can only apologise if this has affected your delivery
Red Charm continues
Alertie - almost out - this was fleeced so hence coming early
- Pink Hawaiian Coral - few hundred left and moving in to Coral Charm & Coral Sunset
- Adolf Russo next along and just starting!
Please put old tights over the heads if you are trying to hold back for events as these Corals open fast!
Otherwise for tight buds do plan in a few days on water to get them open. Pro 2 Tea Bags are in stock as is flower food in compostable or paper sachets! Alertie is a favourite of mine in the early flowering varieties it gradually fades from pink to white which is simply a wonder of nature. The next one that also does this is Miss America which will be along soon.
White Delphinium looks great - please do handle these with care as they are grown under glass and benefit from a cane up the hollow stems. CVBN always advantageous as we move into summer products. Getting through the crop now - estimate 7-10 days until end of this product.
Blue Delphinium - these are outdoor grown so will continue a while.
Ranunculus and Mini Ranunculus will join the limited editions which will be in the mixed boxes as they are fizzling out.... see you next year!
Sweet peas are plentiful - some really long ones 50cm as we now move into the summer varieties. We try to mix the bundles as much as possible so you have a variety. You may have noticed we have switched to a biodegradable gel for transit on these. Feedback welcomed.
Plenty of Premium and Standard Grade
- Standard Scented Stocks 48cm stem length with a smaller more compact column than the premium grade. These will be in lavender, red, white, light pink, dark pink, and purple some cream. Ideal for smaller posies and bouquets. Available in boxes of 60 or in bundles of 20 stems.
- there's plenty - they need a bit of water to reach the correct cut stage to be good fillers and last for yonks in the vase! CVBN recommended for buckets.
- Irish Silver Sussex, BottleBrush, mixed green boxes and green or variegated Buxus.
- Blue Discovery and Yellow Apollo - limited as we approach the transition from indoor to outdoor grown.
New on the webshop is our treasures corner where we will list all the small volume crops that are not in abundance! Foxgloves are here, Flag Iris, Cornflower, Astrantia and
Solomon's Seal - which is almost end of crop!
Lupins are here - super scented and beautiful on their own or with sweet peas for overload of fragrance!
If you are wanting colour specific orders please write it in the notes section or call the office so the girls can add a note to your order on the system.
Dates to remember
British Flowers Week June 14th -21st - anyone who is planning a push for BFW please pre-order if you are looking for box offers of stocks etc as we have had some large requests in and growers need forewarning. We are excited to announce we will be running some special offers so do clear your windows to decorate with all things British in support of this event which will be heavily supported on social media.
Final Field Notes
Astrantia has popped in to the Limited Editions and will be continuing. Remember even though the season starts late the crops normally finish at the same time.
There will be Larkspur, Eryngium Anita & Blue Lagoon, and Scabious coming soon!
- Tulips are now petering out and this will be the last week of the season for British grown Tulips now.
Quote of the Week:
Keep Calm & Keep On Flowering!
Yours in FlowersHelen